Contact Form

 

Project 2: Shophouse


Group Members: J-sern Phua, Jason Lee, Alvin Tan, Kerneng
Site: Padi House, Puchong 

This research project is carried out to investigated the various building materials and its function and effects on its environment. After meticulously considered our choice of site location, we decided on the Padi House located in Setia Walk Mall, Puchong. As a group, we investigated the identity and function building materials in the shop. My part in this group work is the further investigation of the data collected at the site and the organization of data. 

Site: Old China Cafe, Kuala Lumpur

Along with the group work, each of us have to chose a shophouse as site for an individual research on the experiential analysis in relation to the building materials and elements in the site. My chosen site is the Old China Cafe in Kuala Lumpur. To analyze the spatial experience, I made a site visit and allowed myself to immerse in its atmosphere. Taking photo helped me concentrate on the specific experience of a particular elements or space.

My Presentation Board







The greatest benefit I have from this project would be the knowledge of various building material and its chemistry with its surrounding. Realizing that, I can make a better judgement on the material used in my design in the future to alter the spatial experience and sequence according to my will.

Total comment

Author

Eugene Peng

0   comments

Cancel Reply