Contact Form

 

Project 1: Material Cube



This project was done in order to explore the building materials and utilize its full potential. According to the project brief, I have built two cubes with each only made up of one material entirely. 

The first cube is made of plywood.
The plywood cube exhibits the straight edges and rigid structure of a hardwood.
The woods are bind with nails.

The second cube is made of paper.
The paper cube exhibits the wide range of colour and flexibility of a paper.
The paper is bind with layering technique.

My Cubes









Making the cube has improved my handcraft skill as well as my understanding of the materials' characteristic. The experiments prior to the making make me realized all the pros and cons of the materials and thus, allowed me to explore the best possible method or technique to bind the materials.

Total comment

Author

Eugene Peng

0   comments

Cancel Reply